Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
One of my favorite foods to cook with are potatoes. I think I could eat potatoes every day. This is one of my favorite side dishes to make with potatoes. It takes a little longer than most of my side dishes I make, but it is worth it. I like to make it with steaks, vegetables, and a salad. If you like cheesy and tasty potatoes, you are sure to love these! Enjoy!
- 5-6 potatoes, sliced into ¼” slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- onion powder to taste
- Bacon Bits (optional)
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 tbs flour
- 2¼ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 1 quart casserole dish with foil.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt (and bacon bits if you choose). Set the second half of the potatoes aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan on medium heat. After it melts, add the flour and stir with a whisk for approx. 60 seconds. Add in the milk. Cook until mixture has thickened, stirring often (takes a few minutes). Mix in the cheese, and continue stirring until melted.
- Pour half the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
- Add the rest of the potatoes, season again, and pour the rest of the cheese mixture over it (add bacon bits if you’d like).
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1½ hours, removing the foil for the last 20 minutes.
- Almond Cookie Bites Recipe Using Fisher Nuts
- Young Scientists Club – Rainbow Science with Clifford the Big Red Dog
- NeoCell Beauty Health & Collagen Supplement Prize Pack Giveaway
- NeoCell Collagen Supplements & Beauty Products
- For Mother’s Day, Join Me in the #SocialBlackout Movement
- Join Us Today (5/10) for the #BingIt Twitter Party + Prizes
- Explore, Rescue, and Protect with Octonauts Playset & Toys
- Toddler Footprint Butterflies – Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Dollar General and P&G Honor Every Day Heroes (Moms) + Prize Pack Giveaway