DIY: Decorative Votive Holders from Tissue Paper
I have always heard that tissue paper could give create a stained glass look, but I wasn’t too sure until I tried it out myself. I couldn’t believe how easy it was! This is cheap to make using scrap tissue paper and votive holders that you can get for a dollar or less.
- Tissue Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Votive Holder
- Large Paint Brush (sponge brush works great)
- Permanent Marker (optional)
- Cut tissue paper into 1″ or smaller squares
- Brush a thin layer of glue on about half the votive holder
- Randomly place the tissue paper onto the votive holder (on the bottom and top, I let the tissue paper hang off and trimmed when I was complete)
- Brush more glue on as you work your way around
- After you have covered the holder, brush glue over the whole thing
- When glue dries, decorate with permanent marker (optional)
What do you think? I was very impressed how it turned out. It doesn’t even look like tissue paper. I am going to try this on a larger scale when I can get to the store to get a hurricane candle holder.
- Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies for the Holidays
- 5 Easy Protein Snacks (Great for On-the-Go)
- Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Holiday Kickoff Party to Begin a Month Full of Christmas & Entertaining
- 5 Cleaning Tips to Keep Your House Guest-Ready
- Holiday Pictures Featuring OshKosh B’gosh #GiveHappy
- My 10 ‘Go-To’ Items for a House Full of Sick Little Ones
- Busy Moms Can Have Great Hair Everyday, Too… Right?
- Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies