Thank you to P&G for sponsoring this post about easy fall porch decor. All opinions expressed are my own. #TryThisAtLowes
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. From apple picking to walks on a chilly morning, the season really brings me joy. To get the full effect, putting up fall decorations around the house seemed fitting. Then, I was left to decide how to make the front porch inviting and give it a fall makeover.
It didn’t take long for me to come up with decor that screamed ‘It’s Fall’. After visiting the pumpkin patch, I knew what I wanted to do and I had my five things that are now my Fall decor ‘must-haves’. This decor was easy to get my hands on and will make it through Halloween and up to Thanksgiving.
1. Pumpkins and Gourds: At almost all stores during the fall season, pumpkins and gourds can be found. I love picking out a variety of sizes to compliment areas around the house, in a decor basket, and on front porch.
2. Mums: I feel at least one pot of mums is necessary. The late-season bloomer has Fall all over it and is available in may varieties.
3. Bales of Hay: This is the first year we actually purchased bales of hay. I love the look they give the porch and are just around $5.
4. Cornstalks: After visiting the pumpkin patch this year, we finally picked up a bundle of dried cornstalks. I have seen them sold all around, but I knew it was time. It is a great addition to the front porch!
5. Wood Fall Sign: Once all those were set up, the porch was still missing something. I turned to my husband and told him it needed a sign. Something that says ‘Fall’ or ‘Welcome’.
He grabbed some 1×6 boards and I had a little DIY project for the day. We placed three side-by-side and attached them together with two boards across the back.
We had an ebony stain on hand, so I put a layer of stain over the boards and let dry. With some wood letters, the sign was complete.
The front porch is festive and gives me a happy Fall feeling every time I see it. There is also a hay bale, more pumpkins, and a pot of mums on the other side of the front door.
Then there is clean up. The porch and everything on it needs a good season cleaning. Luckily at Lowe’s (where we got a lot of the wood and supplies), they also carry cleaning supplies to get job done such as Mr. Clean products and Bounty Paper Towels.
$100 Lowes Gift Card Giveaway
Proctor & Gamble has been so gracious to give one lucky reader a $100 Lowe’s Gift Card to create their own DIY project and #TryThisAtLowes!! Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.
No purchase necessary to enter. The giveaway is open to US residents 18+. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST November 7th, 2014. The winner will be selected via random.org and contacted by email. Winner has 48 hours to reply to confirm their prize or a new winner will be picked. If you have any issues entering or have any questions, please email me at contact (at) niftymom(dot)com.
a Rafflecopter giveaway