Main Dishes Category
This Knorr Pasta & fresh produce dinner recipe is part of a sponsored post for a Collective Bias® #WalmartProduce #cbias campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
In a perfect world, I would have time to cook a homemade dinner every evening for my family. I try my best by creating a meal plan each week to stay on track. But even then, some days fly by, leaving me with no time to make what was planned. That’s why I keep my pantry stocked for quick meals.Read More
This Lemon Pepper Pasta with Shrimp quick dinner recipe is part of a sponsored post for a Collective Bias® #SauteExpress campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
Making dinner every day is important to me. It gives us, as a family, a reason to sit down and spend time together over a great meal. When days are busy and I start running out of time to prepare a meal, it is great to have some quick meal options.Read More
Almost once a week, I found myself trying to get a handful of things done in the afternoon and before I know it, it’s 5 o’clock. I forgot to get dinner prepped. Then I am stressing out trying to decide what I have in the pantry to make a quick and easy meal for the family before my husband gets home from work.Read More
Chili is one of my favorite dishes to make in the winter. I love adding lots of tasty ingredients and letting it cook all day long in the slow cooker. However, sometimes when I have cravings for chili it is too late in the day to get it started. Instead, I make this chili hash brown dish. It also great for chili leftovers. This easy dish is to perfect for a hectic (or lazy) day. Even better: It is budget friendly with only five ingredients that cost less than $10.Read More
Recently, you may have noticed a pattern in my articles regarding my desire to eat healthier. It has not just stemmed as a New Years Resolution, but as my inclination to keep the recently shredded pounds/baby weight off. Sometimes, when I find companies that offer great foods that are also good for me, it really makes my health-eating easier. Two brands I have been using lately include Jennie-O Turkey Store and Wholly Guacamole.Read More
It’s the middle of football season and around here, that means entertaining, tailgating and Sunday gatherings. Tailgating and football games aren’t complete without the perfect foods. Some of our favorite tailgating foods include meatballs, burgers, brats and pulled pork sandwiches. I am always looking for new recipes to try and I have found some tasty ones on Heinz 57‘s website. Heinz 57 is sure to add flavor to any meal with their three products: Heinz 57 Sauce, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce, and Heinz 57 Sauce with Honey.
PULLED PORK RECIPE
One of my favorite recipes is the Heinz 57 Pulled Pork. It serves approx. 8 people and only takes 10 minutes to prep.
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3.5 lb. boneless pork shoulder blade roast, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Mix together 57 Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, sugar, tomato paste, and onion in a 5-6qt slow cooker. Season with salt & pepper. Add pork and make sure it gets coated with the mixture. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 8 hours, or until pork is cooked through (no longer pink or an internal temperature of 165°F) and tender, turning occasionally.
- To serve, remove pork from slow cooker. Pull pork into shreds using two forks. Return pork to slow cooker and stir until well mixed with sauce. Serve onto your favorite sandwich buns and serve immediately.
PRIZE PACK GIVEAWAY
Heinz57 is giving one lucky Nifty Mom reader a Tailgating Prize Pack which includes:
- Heinz 57 Sauce, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce and Heinz 57 Sauce with Honey
- Grilling tools
- Heinz blanket
- Can cooler
- Heinz tailgating book
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. No purchase necessary to enter. The giveaway is open to contiguous US residents only, 18+ and giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST November 25th, 2012. Winner will be selected via random.org and contacted by email. Winner has 48 hours to reply to confirm their prize or a new winner will be picked. Sponsor is responsible for shipping the prize to the winner, not Nifty Mom. If you have any issues entering or have any questions, please email me at contact (at) niftymom(dot)com.
GOOD LUCK!Read More
- 3 pounds pork spare ribs
- 1 cup (or more) ketchup
- 1/4 cup (or more) sugar
- 3 tbsp of sweet & sour sauce
- 3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup regular or honey bbq sauce
- 3/4 clove, minced garlic
Place the ribs in a large stock pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook over medium/high heat for 1 hour.
In Medium saucepan, combine all the above ingredients while the ribs are boiling. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Use more or less of whatever you want to taste to your liking. I like mine sweet :)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Cut the ribs between the bones and place in a baking pan. (I line mine with aluminum foil to cut down on a lot of mess) Pour the sauce over the ribs and cover with aluminum foil. Cook for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
My man was very surprised when I made these for the first time. I have a history of drying out pork chops and not being able to make them ‘correctly’. The first time I made this recipe, or made ribs ever, he was blown away. His only comments were ‘How do you screw up pork chops, but make incredible ribs?’ & ‘You can make these more often’. Haha
**Now about the author – AnotherKsRose**
I am 21 years old and have certainly gone through, & am still going through, some pretty tough times. Luckily enough I have finally met a great man that stands behind me through everything that is going on and allows me to blog daily, while supporting & loving my 4 year old son and myself.
I blog about all sorts of things, mainly coupons and match ups…along with freebies & food…. Not to mention product reviews & giveaways.
I started AnotherKsRose about 3 months after I started couponing. I wanted to share my findings and my help with other struggling moms out there and help in any way I can, while building friendships and meeting a lot of new people.
- Date Night & the Lighter Fare Menu at Houlihan’s + $50 Gift Card Giveaway
- Top 12+ Delicious Pies Made with Candy Bars
- DIY Summer Road Trip Kits & Memory Box for the Whole Family
- Bulu Box – Healthy Monthly Subscription Box, 50% Off Coupon Code
- Simple No-Bake Valentine’s Day Dessert
- 6 Simple Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle with Natural Probiotics & More
- Selecting the Perfect Valentine’s Day Card for Loved Ones
- Using Kellogg’s Corn Flakes in Desserts + Five Layer Bars Recipe
- DIY Kitchen Busy Kit for Little Ones