Side Dishes Category
I am sharing my collection of grilled vegetable recipes as a sponsored post with Foodie.com. All opinions are my own.
Grilling seasoning is among us and that means plenty of backyard gatherings and BBQs. It is the time that we light up the grill at least once or twice a week. Our backyard becomes a place to play, cook, and eat. My husband likes to grill just about everything. While we can always enjoy a good steak or burger, my favorites are always the grilled vegetables.
I have such a love for grilled vegetables, my husband often makes at least two different ones with each grilling session. I can make a meal just out of the sides. Sometimes I have him make a lot just so I have leftovers for the next day.
In preparation for all the BBQs we are going to have, I have put together a new collection of recipes on Foodie.com. The collection includes 15 amazing recipes for grilled vegetables. Some are will be good as side dishes, appetizers, or even a meal on its own. I’ve added Balsamic Grilled Summer Vegetables With Basil Quinoa Salad, Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Grilled Corn On The Cob With Jalapeno-Lime Aioli And Parmesan Cheese, and more. They look just as delicious as they sound.
Click the collection above to view them on Foodie and while you are there, look around to find more great recipes and collections.
What is your favorite vegetable to grill?
Appetizers are often my favorite part of a dinner party or get-together. There’s something about little finger foods that can easily fill my plate. They get me every time. One of my all-time favorites are these simple sausage and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms.Read More
I enjoy preparing a homemade meal for my family as often as possible. It can be time consuming, but it’s very rewarding to me. However, there are those days where nothing seems to go right, I lose track of time, or we are running errands all day. Then the next thing I know, dinner needs to get on the table. What can I do? What can I make? I am continuously trying to find ways and recipes to simply my kitchen to make things easier on me and is still healthier for my family.Read More
When my husband and I first started dating and got to share our first family holidays together, he made this cranberry salad for everyone. I never really ate cranberries, but when I tried his dish, I was going back for second and thirds. This easy recipe takes no more that 15 minutes to make and creates a perfect side dish for the holidays.Read More
Hi! I’m Jill from Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]. Give me an opportunity to share anything related to recipes and clean eating and I’m a happy person. I am a wife and mom of 2 that works full time and lives a wonderful crazy busy life. I love all aspects of health and fitness with a particular passion for clean eating, running and strength training. I am 43 and happy to say I am the most fit and healthiest I’ve ever been. Most often my blogging is about sharing my passion for overall health and fitness along with my passion for photography. What will you find when you visit Life As I See It (Fitness, Health and Happiness]? Weekly menus, weekly workout plans, recipes, challenges, information, guest bloggers and, if all goes as I hope, a lot of inspiration and motivation to make changes (or continue) to live a healthy and happy lifestyle.
I promise a recipe is coming. First, beginning July 1 I started 31-Days of Clean Eating || Summer 2011. It’s not too late to join! More information can be found here Clean Eating Challenge. And, feel free to visit my blog on Friday for Fitness Friday. If you’re a health and fitness blogger or if you want to learn more about all aspects of health and fitness, stop by. A lot of great information shared by other bloggers. You can find the details here Fitness Friday Blog Hop. AYou can also find me on my Facebook Page Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]. Stop by and say hi.
Now the recipe :)
Yields 6-8 servings
2 c. brown rice
1-15 oz. can black beans, reduced sodium, drained and rinsed
2 c. frozen corn, thawed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
Try the recipe without the rice and add a second can of black beans.
Serve warm as a side dish or chilled as an appetizer with chips.
Add diced grilled chicken for a quick entree.
Add an extra jalapeno for a little more kick.
Double the recipe. Makes great leftovers!
Thank you Samantha for letting me share a favorite recipe that is super easy to make and always a hit with family and friends.
One of my favorite foods to cook with are potatoes. I think I could eat potatoes every day. This is one of my favorite side dishes to make with potatoes. It takes a little longer than most of my side dishes I make, but it is worth it. I like to make it with steaks, vegetables, and a salad. If you like cheesy and tasty potatoes, you are sure to love these! Enjoy!
- 5-6 potatoes, sliced into ¼” slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- onion powder to taste
- Bacon Bits (optional)
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 tbs flour
- 2¼ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 1 quart casserole dish with foil.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt (and bacon bits if you choose). Set the second half of the potatoes aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan on medium heat. After it melts, add the flour and stir with a whisk for approx. 60 seconds. Add in the milk. Cook until mixture has thickened, stirring often (takes a few minutes). Mix in the cheese, and continue stirring until melted.
- Pour half the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
- Add the rest of the potatoes, season again, and pour the rest of the cheese mixture over it (add bacon bits if you’d like).
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1½ hours, removing the foil for the last 20 minutes.
- Keeping up with Busy Schedules & How T-Mobile’s Free Data Plan Can Help
- A Simple & Fun Way to Brighten Someone’s Day with Just a Card
- A Day at Grant’s Farm in St. Louis, MO
- It’s a Fab Five Friday! August 1st Edition
- How to Start a Stockpile for the Non-Couponer + Paperless Coupons
- Family Sun Protection Tips
- 5 Tips for Successful Afterschool Pre-K Learning + Disney Junior Activities
- A Little Back-to-School Prep & Supporting Teachers
- It’s a Fab Five Friday! July 25th Edition