Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 jars of My Brother's Salsa, House
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 2-4 pounds of ground beef (we normally use 4)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 1 large bag of baby carrots (or regular carrots, peeled), chopped
- 2-4 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 4 cups baby potatoes chopped
- 2 large cans of corn (use the liquid as well)
- Beef broth (added as needed for consistency/thickness desired)
- Brown ground beef with all the chopped onions and drain.
- In a large stockpot, pour in tomato sauce, salsa, bay leaves, ground beef and onions, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and liquid from the corn.
- Cover and bring to a boil.Then simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the corn and any beef broth if you don't want it as thick (we typically don't use any)
- Continue cooking, covered, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Recipe by Nifty Mom at http://niftymom.com/2014/12/easy-vegetable-beef-soup/