My kids love painting and doing art projects. Instead of doing our normal finger painting project this time, I wanted to do something different. It was a cold, gloomy day so we needed some sun! My sons are two and three and really enjoyed each step especially tracing their hands (well I traced most of them but my three year old did a few as well).
- Yellow Paint
- Yellow construction paper or scrapbook paper (I had different shades in my scrapbooking supplies so I used a few different ones)
- Paper Plate (or yellow paper cut into a circle)
- Pencil/Pen to trace
If you are using a paper plate, paint it yellow and let it dry. Meanwhile, trace about 20 hands on yellow paper and cut out.
Glue the hands on the back of the plate layering them.
Take it Further: Add a smiley face or write “You are My Sunshine” on it and give it to a loved one!
**Make sure you check out the handprint flower my son did a couple years ago. A definite hit with their Grandmas!
If you are looking for something cute to do with your toddlers or kids for Mother’s Day, this is easy and there are so many things you can do with it! Use pink or red finger paint for the ‘flower’ and paint a stem/grass (this was the best I got out from my 22 month old). I always use card stock instead of copy paper, because it is thicker and shouldn’t warp from the paint.
Here are some different ideas you can do for gifts for Moms, Grandmas, etc.:
- Make a card with the flower on the cover
- Attach a picture of your little one next to the flower and frame it
- Do some ‘flowers’ on wrapping paper for the present or on a gift bag
I always take a picture of the artwork and upload it on my computer. Then not only is it forever saved, but you can use it to print copies, make photo gifts (mug, shirt, mouse pad, etc), or use it in a photo book.
- Date Night & the Lighter Fare Menu at Houlihan’s + $50 Gift Card Giveaway
- Top 12+ Delicious Pies Made with Candy Bars
- DIY Summer Road Trip Kits & Memory Box for the Whole Family
- Bulu Box – Healthy Monthly Subscription Box, 50% Off Coupon Code
- Simple No-Bake Valentine’s Day Dessert
- 6 Simple Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle with Natural Probiotics & More
- Selecting the Perfect Valentine’s Day Card for Loved Ones
- Using Kellogg’s Corn Flakes in Desserts + Five Layer Bars Recipe
- DIY Kitchen Busy Kit for Little Ones