Tag: Mother’s Day
With Mother’s Day approaching, I have been thinking about things to make for my Mom and Grandmas. Each year, I like to do something new with the kids and create a unique, one-of-a-kind, gift for them. I realized that last year, I never really shared our footprint picture we made.Read More
Just in time for Mother’s Day you can get a FREE 8×10″ photo enlargement from Walgreens. Just use coupon code FREE4ME and to avoid shipping charges, select ship to store. Code is valid thru Saturday, May 12th.
Are you still looking for a great Mother’s Day gift? This is one if my favorite deals out there!
Make a FREE 8×10 Photo Canvas. You just pay shipping which is around $14.95! Or if you want to order a bigger one, get $50 off with FREE Shipping. It is very easy to upload your picture and order. Even better, the product is high quality!
This would not only make a great Mother’s Day gift, it is also a great gift for any occasion, artwork, business logos, and much more. Another great photo/artwork to print on the canvas is a Handprint Flower or Fingerpaint Art.
This is about the time I start to think about Mothers Day and what kind of gifts to buy. I prefer personalized gifts the most and this is one I love!
Right now there is a promo code to get a Ceramic Mug for FREE on Ink Garden. The mugs are normally $8.99, but use promo code FREEMUG and get it for FREE. You can upload your own photo(s) and create your own text to make the mug one of a kind. They have over 250 designs to choose from, or you can create your own from scratch.
Shipping is just $5.99!
I have always heard that tissue paper could give create a stained glass look, but I wasn’t too sure until I tried it out myself. I couldn’t believe how easy it was! This is cheap to make using scrap tissue paper and votive holders that you can get for a dollar or less.
- Tissue Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Votive Holder
- Large Paint Brush (sponge brush works great)
- Permanent Marker (optional)
- Cut tissue paper into 1″ or smaller squares
- Brush a thin layer of glue on about half the votive holder
- Randomly place the tissue paper onto the votive holder (on the bottom and top, I let the tissue paper hang off and trimmed when I was complete)
- Brush more glue on as you work your way around
- After you have covered the holder, brush glue over the whole thing
- When glue dries, decorate with permanent marker (optional)
What do you think? I was very impressed how it turned out. It doesn’t even look like tissue paper. I am going to try this on a larger scale when I can get to the store to get a hurricane candle holder.
If you are looking for something cute to do with your toddlers or kids for Mother’s Day, this is easy and there are so many things you can do with it! Use pink or red finger paint for the ‘flower’ and paint a stem/grass (this was the best I got out from my 22 month old). I always use card stock instead of copy paper, because it is thicker and shouldn’t warp from the paint.
Here are some different ideas you can do for gifts for Moms, Grandmas, etc.:
- Make a card with the flower on the cover
- Attach a picture of your little one next to the flower and frame it
- Do some ‘flowers’ on wrapping paper for the present or on a gift bag
I always take a picture of the artwork and upload it on my computer. Then not only is it forever saved, but you can use it to print copies, make photo gifts (mug, shirt, mouse pad, etc), or use it in a photo book.
- Taking Time to Unwind with Brancott Estate ‘Flight Song’ Wines
- Daily Cleaning Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Home
- DIY Poker Night Gift Mugs
- My Current Top 5 TV Shows & The Social Network for TV: Beamly
- The New Logitech Harmony Smart Keyboard for Smart TVs from Best Buy
- Visiting Warm Springs Ranch – Home of the Budweiser Clydesdales
- 5 Simple Tips for Tackling the Grocery Store with Little Ones
- A Collection of 12+ Savory Pork Sunday Dinner Recipes
- 2 Sweet DIY Easter Gift Ideas with Printable Tags