Tag: 2011 gift ideas
My favorite gifts to give family members are ones that are homemade and personalized. Last year I wanted to start a tradition of giving the Grandmas a different homemade ornament with a picture of my sons on it. This is the first one I did (I hope they don’t expect them to get more elaborate each year).
Unfortunately, Nifty Mom was non-existent last year so it never crossed my mind to take step-by-step pictures. It was a little more difficult than I would have liked it to be, but it was worth it.
- Glass Ornament (sold at craft stores)
- Ribbon (ribbon with wire works best)
- Super Glue (only thing I could get to hold good)
- White Glitter
- 2 Photos cut to fit in the ornament, mine are approx 1.5″ squares
- I used 1 photo and 1 small scrapbook paper and made snowmen out of my sons’ thumbprints
- Cut two pieces of ribbon a few inches long and glue them side-by-side in the middle of the back of one picture. Glue the other picture on top of the ribbon. Place under a heavy book to hold the two together for a few minutes to allow the glue to dry completely.
- Detach the metal top of the ornament and temporarily remove the wire loop attachment. Pull the ribbon from attached to the pictures up through the holes on the metal top piece (the holes on mine were too small, so I used a screw to widen them). Replace the wire attachment.
- (this is the most difficult part) Roll the picture vertically and put it into the ornament. Once in, I used a pen to stick in there and flatten the picture out as best as possible.
- Using a paper funnel, pour some white glitter in ornament.
- Adjust the two ribbons on the top of the ornament so the picture is center and tie. Cut the extra off and put a small amount of super glue over the knot to secure.
- Add an ornament hook or ribbon on the loop to hang.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I hope yours comes out even better than mine did!
This week Vistaprint presents Stockings and Stuffers 5 Days of Deals. Each day is a different product you can get at a great price!
The second day features a FREE Customized Mug. The shipping is just $5.79 each! These are great gifts to fill with coffee, candies, hot chocolate mixes, etc.
What great gift ideas at a great price! This week only, Vistaprint is offering 10 FREE personalized products. Choose from Flat and Folded Holiday Cards, Wall and Desk Photo Calendars, Holiday Postcards, Totes, Holiday Labels, Mugs, Stamps, & Business Cards. You just pay shipping which is around $5 depending on the product. Order today; receive in as few as 3 days.
Right now you can get a FREE personalized photo wall calendar from Vistaprint. You only have to pay shipping which starts at $5.67. What a great price!
There are over 250 designs to choose from, some have a different design for each month. I love to make these for gifts, especially for grandparents that don’t get to see the kids that much. It’s always a hit at the holidays!
Start making your calendar now! This price is unbeatable!
Over on Amazon.com you can get Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy for the Wii for only $8.94 plus shipping of $3.99. That’s just $12.93. The game comes with the camera as well so you are 100% controller-free!
Amazon prices are always changing so get yours while it’s 70% off (regular price $29.99)
- Keeping up with Busy Schedules & How T-Mobile’s Free Data Plan Can Help
- A Simple & Fun Way to Brighten Someone’s Day with Just a Card
- A Day at Grant’s Farm in St. Louis, MO
- It’s a Fab Five Friday! August 1st Edition
- How to Start a Stockpile for the Non-Couponer + Paperless Coupons
- Family Sun Protection Tips
- 5 Tips for Successful Afterschool Pre-K Learning + Disney Junior Activities
- A Little Back-to-School Prep & Supporting Teachers
- It’s a Fab Five Friday! July 25th Edition