It’s the middle of football season and around here, that means entertaining, tailgating and Sunday gatherings. Tailgating and football games aren’t complete without the perfect foods. Some of our favorite tailgating foods include meatballs, burgers, brats and pulled pork sandwiches. I am always looking for new recipes to try and I have found some tasty ones on Heinz 57‘s website. Heinz 57 is sure to add flavor to any meal with their three products: Heinz 57 Sauce, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce, and Heinz 57 Sauce with Honey.
PULLED PORK RECIPE
One of my favorite recipes is the Heinz 57 Pulled Pork. It serves approx. 8 people and only takes 10 minutes to prep.
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3.5 lb. boneless pork shoulder blade roast, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Mix together 57 Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, sugar, tomato paste, and onion in a 5-6qt slow cooker. Season with salt & pepper. Add pork and make sure it gets coated with the mixture. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 8 hours, or until pork is cooked through (no longer pink or an internal temperature of 165°F) and tender, turning occasionally.
- To serve, remove pork from slow cooker. Pull pork into shreds using two forks. Return pork to slow cooker and stir until well mixed with sauce. Serve onto your favorite sandwich buns and serve immediately.
PRIZE PACK GIVEAWAY
Heinz57 is giving one lucky Nifty Mom reader a Tailgating Prize Pack which includes:
- Heinz 57 Sauce, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce and Heinz 57 Sauce with Honey
- Grilling tools
- Heinz blanket
- Can cooler
- Heinz tailgating book
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. No purchase necessary to enter. The giveaway is open to contiguous US residents only, 18+ and giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST November 25th, 2012. Winner will be selected via random.org and contacted by email. Winner has 48 hours to reply to confirm their prize or a new winner will be picked. Sponsor is responsible for shipping the prize to the winner, not Nifty Mom. If you have any issues entering or have any questions, please email me at contact (at) niftymom(dot)com.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received the same prize pack and was in no other way compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.