Coffee has always been one of my favorite beverages. Not a day goes by where I don’t enjoy at least one cup. When I think of coffee, I always think of Starbucks. If I am out running errands, I cannot resist driving through a Starbucks drive-thru for a fresh cup of deliciousness. When it comes to drinking coffee at home, I still can depend on Starbucks to get me through the day.Read More
My favorite gifts aren’t the ones that cost the most or are the biggest. They are always they ones that have the most thought behind them. It could be something as little as a picture in a frame or a fitting greeting card. I also love making homemade gifts for loved ones. If you are stilling trying to decide what to get your loved one, or if you want to add a personal gift made with love, here are my favorite from me and other awesome bloggers.
52 Things I Love About You – Deck of Cards or Album
A few years ago I made my husband this ’52 Things I Love About You’ Deck of Cards. He truly loved it. You can get the template I used from Peppermint Creative for FREE. For each card, there is a reason why I love my husband. You can also do just a little book or put all the reasons on pieces of paper in a nice jar. See more tips and a list of over 100 ‘Things I Love About You’ ideas from me and my readers.
Two years ago I attempted to start a tradition at Christmas. Each year I want to make a new ornament capturing my kids (See the photo ornament I made the first year here). I say attempted because last year I failed. But I had a good excuse… We moved into our new house on Dec 8th and had to unpack, decorate, host 3 holiday parties AND I was eight months pregnant. It was pretty stressful and the ornament was the last thing on my mind. So this year I plan on making two, one with a photo from last year and a new one for this year. This is the ornament I just made for last year with a photo from Dec 2011.Read More
I have always heard that tissue paper could give create a stained glass look, but I wasn’t too sure until I tried it out myself. I couldn’t believe how easy it was! This is cheap to make using scrap tissue paper and votive holders that you can get for a dollar or less.
- Tissue Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Votive Holder
- Large Paint Brush (sponge brush works great)
- Permanent Marker (optional)
- Cut tissue paper into 1″ or smaller squares
- Brush a thin layer of glue on about half the votive holder
- Randomly place the tissue paper onto the votive holder (on the bottom and top, I let the tissue paper hang off and trimmed when I was complete)
- Brush more glue on as you work your way around
- After you have covered the holder, brush glue over the whole thing
- When glue dries, decorate with permanent marker (optional)
What do you think? I was very impressed how it turned out. It doesn’t even look like tissue paper. I am going to try this on a larger scale when I can get to the store to get a hurricane candle holder.
I joined Craftsy Crafting a couple months ago and love it! Not only are there great daily deals on craft supplies, there is an online community that includes online classes, workshops, projects, and so much more!
- NeoCell Beauty Health & Collagen Supplement Prize Pack Giveaway
- NeoCell Collagen Supplements & Beauty Products
- For Mother’s Day, Join Me in the #SocialBlackout Movement
- Join Us Today (5/10) for the #BingIt Twitter Party + Prizes
- Explore, Rescue, and Protect with Octonauts Playset & Toys
- Toddler Footprint Butterflies – Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Dollar General and P&G Honor Every Day Heroes (Moms) + Prize Pack Giveaway
- Olive Garden’s ‘Buy One, Take One’ Promotion + $75 Gift Card Flash Giveaway
- 5 Simple Organizational Tips + Fellowes Bankers Box Stackable Storage