With a new year just starting, a lot of people set new goals, make resolutions, or plan to make some kind of change in their lives. Some that I always hear about include losing weight and eating healthier. I didn’t really set any this year, but that is because I am just about 9 months pregnant and I have all my goals set post-baby. This being my third pregnancy in just over three years, I am looking forward to losing the baby weight!
I always want to snack on foods, especially chocolates, ice cream, sweets, etc (I can blame that on the pregnancy, right?!?) and this month I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to try out some Weight Watcher’s Ice Cream Bars. I was thrilled when the delivery showed up because I was definitely craving some ice cream! Here is what I got to try:
- Dark Chocolate Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Bars: PointsPlus® value 3
- Low-fat dulce de leche ice cream swirled with caramel and dipped in dark chocolate with only have 120 calories.
- I am a total caramel-lover so I had to try these first. They were amazing and my favorite! The bars are so creamy and rich in flavor. I wanted to eat the whole box, but I think that would defeat the whole purpose of eating healthier.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Ice Cream Bars: PointsPlus® value 3
- Low-fat strawberry ice cream swirled with strawberry dipped in milk chocolate with only 110 calories.
- These were almost as good as the caramel ones. The strawberry flavor was delicious. This was a nice snack after lunch that was much healthier, but tastier, than my usual noon snacks.
- Snack Size Chocolate Fudge Bars: PointsPlus® value 1
- These rich chocolate bars only have 45 calories, less than 1 gram of fat and 2 grams of protein.
- I not only enjoyed the taste of the bars, I loved them being snack-sized. It is just enough to get that great fudge taste without having to eat a heaping bowl of ice cream covered in syrup or a king-size candy bar. Yet another win in my book!
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bars: PointsPlus® value 2
- Dark chocolate flavored coating covering a low-fat raspberry ice cream with only 80 calories.
- Honestly, I was hesitant to try these bars just because I am not really a fan of raspberry foods. After the first bite, I am glad I did try them! The sweet fruity flavor was surprisingly great.
Overall, I was shocked at how tasty each bar was. Is it wrong if I tell my husband they aren’t that good so he won’t eat them? No, but I won’t do that. He knows not to eat a pregnant woman’s ice cream :)
Weight Watchers also has other ice cream bars that I cannot wait to try including Wildberry & Orange Sorbet & Ice Cream Bars, English Toffee Crunch Bars, Latte Bars, and Ice Cream Candy Bars.
Visit Weight Watchers for more information on their ice cream bars and more.
Disclosure: I received the free product as part of a promotional program with Weight Watchers and MomSelect. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.