I am being provided with a race entry, however I already signed up for this race and all opinions are my own. #HairbandsAndHeadbands
As my running buddy and I started the year, we had a goal of running a dozen 5K races in 2015, approximately one a month. With the cold weather and busy schedules, we have yet to start that goal. However, we have already registered for 5, with more on our radar as we work them in this spring & summer.
The first 5K race on our schedule is That 80’s Run hosted by St. Charles Community College. We signed up for it back in January and I couldn’t be more excited about it quickly approaching. Not only am I eager to be participating in a 5K race again, but I also can’t wait for the fun 80’s theme!
That ’80s Run Fun Facts:
- On race day, there’s a 10K, 5K, 1-Mile Fun Run and a free Health and Wellness Expo
- First 500 registrations get a free sweatband/headband (as seen in pictures)
- Early registrants are guaranteed a free dry-tec t-shirt
- All runners get a finisher medal. $100 cash to 10K first overall male and female. $50 cash to the 5K first overall male and female.
- There is a prize for the best costume and 86th overall finisher (SCC was founded in 1986)
- The 1-Mile Fun Run is great for families and kids
- Strollers are welcome in the 5K and Fun Run
- One 5K/10K runner (18 and older) will be randomly selected for a $1,000 scholarship to SCC (to keep for themselves or gift to someone else)
- Runners loved the event last year!
- You can find more information here.
Now is the time to register if you want to participate because early registration ends on April 5th! By registering early, you can save a few bucks and be guaranteed a free dry-tec t-shirt!
- Early registration is $30 for the 5K/10K | $20 for the 1-Mile Fun Run
- Late registration (April 6-19) is $35 for the 5K/10K | $25 for the 1-Mile Fun Run
- Race week registration (April 20-25) is $40 for the 5K/10K | $30 for the 1-Mile Fun Run
That 80’s Run Free Entry Giveaway!
One lucky Nifty Mom reader will win a free entry into That 80’s Run on April 25, 2015!
To enter, simply leave a comment below stating the reason you want to win a race entry or what you are most looking forward at That 80’s Run!
No purchase necessary to enter. The giveaway is open to US residents 18+. Travel or transportation to the race event is not provided. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST April 3rd, 2015. The winner will be selected via random.org and contacted by email. Winner has 48 hours to reply to confirm their prize or a new winner will be selected. The prize was provided via email in the form of a discount (free) code.