A couple years ago when I started Nifty Mom, one of the first posts I wrote was how to make an Easter Bunny Cake (which was adapted from this video I saw). The cake was a huge hit with family and friends plus it’s pretty simple to make. With Easter coming up, I have been thinking about the cake again. Since it was my first attempt at cake decorating and it lacked pictures, I decided to update the tutorial for you with step-by-step pictures and the addition of carrot topped cupcakes.Read More
When I first moved out on my own, I struggled with cooking. I had two main things that I could make that didn’t involve a box of cereal or lunch meat. I’ve had my share of kitchen disasters and the one that stands out most was my first attempt at no bake cookies.Read More
Bananas are one of my little guys’ favorite snack foods and I am always looking for ways to jazz it up. These are some of my favorite banana snack recipes I have came across.
1. Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites: These add a great twist to banana snacks with their crispiness. View the recipe here.
2. Frozen Banana Bites: The kids love these! Dip frozen banana pieces in a mixture of melted chocolate and peanut butter. Ashley adds coconut flakes, but I leave them off. She has lots of great tips and variations included with her recipe. View them here.
3. Chocolate Banana Crepes: These are also good using Nutella instead of chocolate chips as well. View the recipes here along with 21 other healthy kids snacks.
4. Banana & Nutella Graham Cracker Sandwiches: Banana slices and Nutella is also good on toast. There is no recipe on the site, but you can also view some other healthy snack ideas.
5. Banana Split Bites: I haven’t tried these yet, but just look at how yummy they look! Scoop out the inside of the banana bites and put ice cream in them. Naomi has a lot of great recipes! View this one here.
Do you have a favorite banana snack?
I love to make cakes and desserts and since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share how easy it is to make a heart shaped cake.
- Box of Cake Mix
- Can of Frosting
- 8-9″ Circle Cake Pan
- 8-9″ Square Cake Pan
Make the cake mix as directed on the box. Pour half into the circle pan and half into the square pan. Bake as directed. Let cool completely and remove from the pans. If your pans are not easy to get the cake out, line the the pan with foil before you add the cake mix.
Cut the circle cake in half and place the three pieces together as shown:
Now all you have to do is ice the cake. The first time I made this, one can of frosting barely covered the cake. It helps to beat the frosting with a mixer for a few minutes to fluff it up a little. This also warms it up slightly, making it easier to spread.
Wasn’t that easy?
I received this recipe in an email from Kraft Foods and had to make them. These treats are easy to prepare and extremely yummy!
- 8 1/2 Graham Crackers
- 6 squares of Bakers Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- 3 squares of Bakers White Chocolate
Line a 9×13″ baking pan with foil. Break seven whole graham crackers in half, vertically and one cracker in half horizontally. Place them in the pan as shown in the picture.
Microwave semisweet chocolate squares and peanut butter. I used a measuring cup so it would be easy to pour over the graham crackers. Microwave for about 2 minutes until completely mixed and melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour and spread over the graham crackers.
Microwave the 3 squares of white chocolate for about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate all over the chocolate mixture. Then use a butter knife and swirl around to create a marbled effect.
Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until firm. Lift foil out of pan. The best way to cut it into pieces is to flip the whole thing over on the foil. You will be able to see the graham crackers as you laid them out and just use a knife to cut through the chocolate. I stored mine in the refrigerator after they were cut so they didn’t melt.
- Young Scientists Club – Rainbow Science with Clifford the Big Red Dog
- NeoCell Beauty Health & Collagen Supplement Prize Pack Giveaway
- NeoCell Collagen Supplements & Beauty Products
- For Mother’s Day, Join Me in the #SocialBlackout Movement
- Join Us Today (5/10) for the #BingIt Twitter Party + Prizes
- Explore, Rescue, and Protect with Octonauts Playset & Toys
- Toddler Footprint Butterflies – Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Dollar General and P&G Honor Every Day Heroes (Moms) + Prize Pack Giveaway
- Olive Garden’s ‘Buy One, Take One’ Promotion + $75 Gift Card Flash Giveaway