Disclosure: Compensation for this kitchen tips post was provided by The Home Depot via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The Home Depot.
The kitchen is the heart of our home. Between meals, snacks, food prep, and chatting, we spend a good deal of the day in that one area. It is my favorite room of the house and because of that, I am always thinking about how to revitalize and redesign it.
My husband is a DIY kind-of-guy. When either of us have an idea for a new look or project around the house, he just runs to The Home Depot, get supplies, and starts the project himself. Spending so much time in the kitchen, makes me want to change it up often—When you are wanting a change or new look, here are 5 tips for your Kitchen DIY projects.
1. Change the wall colors: This is an easy way to get a new look in the kitchen. As long as you don’t strongly dislike painting, this is something you can do often to get a new look.
2. Make your own decor: When you can’t find anything to go on the walls, make your own. We have a little wall next to the dining room. Hours of searching for the perfect piece to put there, I had nothing. My husband decided to take some molding we had to make a frame on the wall. After a layer of chalkboard paint, we instantly had a menu board. The cheap project was easy and adds character to our kitchen.
3. Update small appliances and fixtures: One of the first things we changed in our kitchen was the faucet. It was a simple project for my husband and has made a huge difference. Not only does the long neck look better, the pull-down spray head makes clean-up easier.
4. Add or change the cabinet hardware: We still haven’t added hardware to our cabinets simply because I can’t decide what would look the best. However, it is an easy way to get a new look with a pop of contrast.
5. Update the kitchen cabinets: The cabinets are what take up most of the wall space and areas in the kitchen. It may seem like a large task, but there are may options for giving them a new look.
The Home Depot has cabinet solutions for everyone. Along with an option to replace, refacing, and renewing, are also available and only at The Home Depot. A full overhaul would be to replace all the cabinets, allowing for a new layout and design. But I know I don’t have to completely replace all my cabinets for a new look. I can keep my current layout and just update the cabinet doors (Reface) and get a new look still. The last option is to ReNew, and refresh the current color or change it all together. There is definitely a lot of different options and when we are ready to update the cabinets, I will have lots of choices.
The Home Depot has been and always will be our one-stop shop for our DIY projects and updates around the house.
Replace, Reface, ReNew are three options available ONLY at The Home Depot. Replace allows for full transformation of your kitchen cabinets with an array of choices from top brands. Reface is a perfect option to update your cabinets without a major renovation. And lastly, ReNew is ideal for consumers who want to give their existing cabinets a facelift without major disruptions and cost. And to complete your kitchen project, The Home Depot is your one stop shop for countertops, sinks, appliances, backsplashes and lighting.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Home Depot via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The Home Depot.