Golf Cake for Father’s Day
My husband likes to play golf and I saw a cake similar to this on a website awhile back using coconut. I thought I would try to make it with white chocolate shavings instead (The hubby isn’t a big fan of coconut). I am very pleased with the way it turned out!
- Cake Mix
- Vanilla Icing
- Icing Color (you can try food coloring, but I heard that can ‘water down’ the icing
- 4-6 Vanilla Wafers
- White Chocolate
- Green Icing Spray (I got at Michaels for a few bucks)
- 1 Chocolate Chip
- White gumballs
Bake cake mix as instructed in two round pans. After they cool, I laid them overlapping a little, and cut the overlapping cake. I put the cake on a foil-covered piece of cardboard; You can use a serving platter. Next, dye your icing green and spread over the whole cake.
I didn’t have a block of white chocolate, so I melted a bag of white chocolate chips in a wax paper lined plastic container and froze it making my own little block. Next, make shavings for the grass using a vegetable peeler. Put the shavings in a container and spray them with the green icing color, shaking the over all the shavings. It is easier to do it in small batches. Cover the cake except for where the hole will be and a couple sand dunes. Crumble the vanilla wafers a sprinkle to create sand dunes. First, I push the spots down a little, to get a little depth.
Push a chocolate chip, flat-side up, for the hole. Place a few white gum balls as golf balls. I didn’t have any gum balls, so I barely melted some of the white chocolate and formed little balls. Last is the flag. I didn’t have any pretzels and couldn’t think of anything else to use, so I just rolled up a small piece of white construction paper and used a red piece for the flag.
It isn’t as hard as it looks!
- My New Morning Routine: Running, Music, Drink Mixes & More
- Halloween Mini Cheesecake Pops
- Potty Training Playdate Party + Pull-Ups Big Kid Prep List
- Smart Lighting with GE Wifi Light Bulbs for Easier Daily Routines & Safety + GIVEAWAY
- Effortless Meals from Walmart for Busy Weeknights
- Potty Training Tips & Resources + My #PullUpsAcademy Experience
- My 4-Year-Old’s Requested Disney Junior Personal Birthday Celebration
- It’s a Five Friday – September 19th Edition
- Caramel Apple Smoothie Recipe