If you know me, you know I love easy recipes and even better, no-bake desserts. Not only is it easier when I am super busy, but it is also allows the kids to help. These simple pumpkin spice bites are perfect for the fall and Thanksgiving festivities.
With Thanksgiving in just a couple of days, we have been thinking about the food menu and spread for weeks now. My husband normally handles all the traditional Thanksgiving meal, making the turkey and all the side dishes.
However, I have desserts and appetizers on my mind. Of course, there will be a variety of pies for everyone.
I am also thinking of different ways to get the some of the same flavors with a different serving and texture. There are times when I want that pumpkin pie taste without making a whole pumpkin pie. Or maybe someone doesn’t want a whole slice of pie, but just a little taste of that pumpkin spice.
So when I spotted some Pumpkin Spice instant pudding, I knew I could whip up some small bite-sized desserts for the holidays.
Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Bites Recipe
- Mini Phyllo Shells (found in the freezer dessert section of stores)
- Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk as directed on pudding box
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- Make pudding according to box, by whisking pudding mix and milk for about 2 minutes. Let it set for about 5 minutes.
- Place phyllo shells on baking sheet or serving platter
- Fill each shell with pudding. The easiest way to do this is by filling a plastic storage bag with the pudding and clipping the corner. Then squeeze to fill each shell.
- Top with whipped cream (best using same technique as pudding).
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to a few hours until ready to serve. Don't let them sit too long or the shells will become soggy.
Phyllo shells are one of my favorite things to use for desserts. Here are a few other simple desserts using the mini fillo shells: