I am always cleaning. Non.Stop.Cleaning. Well, at least it feels that way. Everyday I have to do a load of dishes, at least one load of laundry, wipe down multiple surfaces multiple times and clean up the rest of the house. It is a never-ending task. With all the cleaning and household chores, I am always on the lookout for ways to simplify my cleaning routine so I can spend more time with my family during the day.
Tips to Simplify Your Cleaning Routine
Since becoming a stay-at-home mom of three little ones, I have learned to simplify my cleaning routine as much as possible. There are lots of things I do to keep cleaning as simple and efficient as possible, but here are some of my favorite tips.
- The most important thing I do each morning is make a list of all the things or areas I want to clean that day (I also have a rough weekly schedule). I make each line a small task. For example, don’t just say, ‘Clean the kitchen’. Instead, break it up into different areas or tasks such as, ‘Wipe the counters off, sweep the floor, removed old food from the refrigerator, wipe down the table and chairs, etc’. Throughout the day, when I have a few minutes, I pick at least one task and do it. Bonus: It’s a better feeling to have 10 crossed-out completed tasks than just 1!
- Run the dishwasher every night and unload it every morning. If I miss one night, I am way behind and have dishes all over the counters. It takes days sometimes to get caught back up.
- Take five minutes each day to wipe down the bathrooms. Don’t allow build up. The less dirty it is, the easier it is to clean.
- Do at least one load of laundry a day. Between all the clothes, towels, bedding and blankets, there is a load ready to go if not more. It’s more efficient for me to do a load-a-day than to spend all day one day just doing laundry.
- Have other family members help. You may remember when I wrote 5+ Chores for Toddlers & Preschoolers last year. My sons are still young, but they love helping out.
- Keep the Smart Twist™ Cleaning System in the kitchen and easily accessible. I also plan on getting one for my upstairs bathroom for quick cleaning when upstairs.
What is the Smart Twist™ Cleaning System?
SC Johnson just introduced the new Smart Twist™ Cleaning System. It is more that just a normal cleaning product. This innovative system holds three cleaners in one base. Each cleaner is only 3.3 fluid ounces, but they are concentrated. There are five different cleaner concentrate cartridges available. My system came with Windex® Glass Cleaner, Pledge® Furniture and Specialty Surfaces Cleaner, and Shout® Carpet Cleaner. Also available is a Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner and fantastik® Kitchen Cleaner. There is a water tank on the back part of the system that mixes with the selected concentrated cleaner with the pull of the trigger. Putting the system together only takes a few effortless minutes and minimal steps.
- Unscrew cap and fill with tank with water. Tightly screw the cap back on.
- Remove the cap of the concentrated cleaner.
- Snap it into the first spot in the front of the carousel with the top in first (shown in picture above).
- Rotate carousel until the next open spot is in the front and clicks. Repeat the above step with the next two cleaners.
- To use, make sure the cleaner you want to use is in the front position. Pull trigger to spray, then wipe the surface clean.
Benefits of Using the Smart Twist™ Cleaning System
I have been using the new cleaning system for over a week now and it has made cleaning much easier. For example, when I am cleaning my great room or dining room, I don’t need to carry 2 or 3 different bottles with me. I have Windex® Glass Cleaner, Pledge® Furniture and Specialty Surfaces Cleaner, and Shout® Carpet Cleaner all in this one unit. This makes cleaning easier and quicker.
At first, I didn’t think I would use the Shout® Carpet Cleaner, but since I always have it on-hand when cleaning other surfaces, I think I have used it more in the last week than I have in the past. When I was cleaning the fireplace, I noticed a dirty spot on the carpet and twisted the cleaner, sprayed the carpet, twisted it back to the Pledge® Cleaner, and finished the fireplace. This allowed the carpet cleaner to soak before I wiped it up and I didn’t have to go into another room to get the cleaner.
The Smart Twist™ is also an environmentally better choice. The bottle is made of 25% post-consumer plastic and each concentrated cleaner cartridge uses 64% less plastic than a standard trigger cleaner bottle.
Purchase the Smart Twist™ Online
The Smart Twist™ Cleaning System is currently only available on the Smart Twist™ website. There are different varieties you can purchase to customize the cleaner the way you want.
- Kitchen/Bath System $24.99 – Includes Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles® and fantastik® concentrated cleaner cartridges and a sprayer.
- Living Spaces System $24.99 – Includes Windex®, Pledge® and Shout® concentrated cleaner cartridges and a sprayer.
- Cover Every Base System $34.99 – Includes two Windex® Glass Cleaner concentrated cleaner cartridges, and one each of Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner, fantastik® Kitchen Cleaner, Pledge® Furniture Cleaner and Shout® Carpet Cleaner concentrated cleaner cartridges and a sprayer.
- Total Easy Clean System $45.99 – Includes two Windex® Glass Cleaner concentrated cleaner cartridges and one each of Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner, fantastik® Kitchen Cleaner, Pledge® Furniture Cleaner and Shout® Carpet Cleaner concentrated cleaner cartridges and two sprayers.
- Replacement concentrate cartridges $7.99 for 2 or $11.99 for 3 cleaners of your choice.
SC Johnson offers free shipping on all orders $24.99 and up.
I have received some questions about the availability of the Smart Twist™ in stores. To get it into your local retail stores, they need people to create some buzz about it, tell friends, family, loved ones and favorite retail store managers about the Smart Twist™ Cleaning System. Make a demand for the this new innovate cleaning system.
Visit SmartTwist.com to learn more or purchase the system.
This article is sponsored by SC Johnson and I received the mentioned product to review. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.