Today I am sharing a Goat Cheese Chicken Pasta recipe as part of a sponsored ALDI campaign. All opinions are my own.
I am going to be honest, for over a month or so, I have really been slacking on that thing you call dinner. I haven’t been able to get my weekly meal plans together over the weekend and the week days have just been completely busy and often leaving me scrambling for a quick meal.
Due to my lack of weekend preparation and planning, we haven’t been spending as wisely as we normally do. I like to make different lists, shop at a few different stores, and get what we need within a specific budget. That’s not easy for me when I get rushed and my routine goes haywire. I really want to get focused and back to that mindset though.
First, I have to get back to menu planning for at least a week at a time. Then I make my detailed shopping lists. There are different stores I like to visit for different products.
Recently, I decided to stop into our local ALDI store to get a feel for what they had and if they could help our family. I hadn’t been into ALDI since I was a little kid, shopping with my grandma. I wasn’t expecting to find so much fresh produce comparatively cheaper than other local stores. They also had a good selection of fresh meat, bread and organic products.
I picked up a cart full of various cuts of chicken and produce including asparagus, green beans, potatoes, brussels sprouts, berries, lettuce and mushrooms. I also noticed they had a good assortment of cheese at low prices I couldn’t pass up.
When I got home, I finished coming up with some meal options for the rest of the month. I needed ones that were quick, easy, and perfect for busy weeknights. With the cheeses in mind, I decided to include a chicken dish with a goat cheese sauce served over pasta.
With all the ingredients from my trip to ALDI, the whole meal is just under $10 and I could have also thrown in a vegetable as well.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7-8 chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4oz goat cheese
- 1 box farfalle pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in pasta, cook until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken, season with basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then simmer until lightly browned.
- Add in the green onions, chicken broth and goat cheese.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over pasta.
The great thing about the dish is that I can easily create a totally different meal just by using a different variety of cheese each time. For instance, the Jalapeno Havarti Cheese would be a zestier chicken pasta dish.
I can’t wait for my next trip to ALDI to see what other great deals I can find and meals I can put together. If you are planning your first trip to ALDI, be sure to check out some tips for new shoppers.